Monday, May 11, 2009

Europe Trip - Day 6 *Lugano, Lake Como & Milan*

Day 6, 22 Nov 2008


This is the final day of my Italy trip. Today, our itinerary was a little pack, as we had 3 places to go. Initially, Lugano (Switzerland) was not in our route. Since we were going to Como Lake, and Lugano was less than an hour from there, so one of our tour mate suggested going there. We all agreed, and paid another additional Eur20.

So after the yummy buffet breakfast, we departed at 7.30am. It took about one and half hour to reach Lugano from Milan. When we were at the border of Switzerland, I could see the difference significantly. Switzerland was too beautiful!! The mountain, lake, houses, hills, farms.... It was just too fascinating. We only had about 2 hours there. By the way, I bought a Tissot watch here :)


I took this pic from the coach. Over excited when approaching Switzerland




Peaceful scene along Lugano Lake








Creepy trees in winter




Headquarter of Rolex




The traffic was quite jammed when we were moving back to Como Lake. So when we arrived, we had our lunch before going for the sightseeing. I felt a little nausea due to the traffic congestion. Luckily I could still manage to finish my lunch.


Rice Salad



Fish Steak with garden salad




Como Lake, the deep blue lake, has long been known as the "Venus of the dressing mirror glass". Around the charming lake was the magnificent scenery of mountains, trees and villages.




Next, we were moving back to Milan for the visit to Galleria and Piazza del Duomo. Honestly speaking, Milan didnt leave a good impression to me. There were too many people at the Duomo, too crowded, and too many pick pockets. One of my tour mate got a horrible experience there. Nevertheless, to shop inside the Galleria was really a good experience, too good to be true, where u could see all the latest in fashions. Also, the historic architecture was amazing.


The Duomo




Piazza del Duomo




Entrance to the Galleria




The Galleria, where top fashions in the world were found




Louis Vuitton.

You do not want to imagine how crowded was there. Remember when MNG has sales in KL? Something like this....

I were inside, helping my friend to choose a wallet, and every counters were fulled of customers!!! Even if u want to walk around, I think this is also a problem.......... speechless!




Statue of Leonardo da Vinci




Finally, I could have a good rest after the chinese dinner. And this comes to a full-stop for my Italy trip. I started to pack my luggage like mad, as I would go for a free & easy tour to UK and Paris with AL after Italy. Yap, free & easy, so dont expect someone to carry the luggage for u, or have a super nice coach to carry u around :)

No comments:

Post a Comment