Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Europe Trip - Day 12 *Paris*

Day 12, 28 Nov 2008


Today, we got a big plan, to visit the Louvre Museum. At first, we planned to wake up early and depart before 9am. However, it was already 9am by the time we woke up. Winter is always a good weather to sleep, thanks to the cold weather. I also forgot to set the correct time zone for my hp, as Paris was an hour ahead of London.

We were quite familiar with the route after the nightmare in the Metro & RER station yesterday. At least we didnt take the wrong train, or wrong direction. When we arrived at Louvre Museum, so as what we had planned and surveyed the night before, we used the internal entrance. After buying the ticket from the machine (No worry, it was available in different languages), which costs €9, we proceeded to the permanent exhibition hall. Honestly speaking, if u would like to explore this biggest museum ever, u would need at least 3 days, or more. So what we did, just followed the map, and took the pic of those famous sculpture + paintings. Anyway, I'm not that artistic to enjoy arts or history. So the following are the pics I've taken. And basically, I just realise I didnt even know most of the names >.<


From one of the hall, I managed to take this pic, through the window












It was indeed a "great experience" to get a close touch with Monalisa. Be prepared, u don't want to imagine how many people would be swarming there, holding their cameras, just to take this pic. And, she was at least 3m away from u, hiding in another glass frame protector. This kind of situation will only benefit 2 types of people - either u are tall and huge, or u are tiny and small in size in order to squeeze through those freaks. I belong to the 2nd category :p Anyway, prepare to zoom ur camera. What a great encounter with Mademoiselle Lisa!


Monalisa







Near the exit to Glass Pyramid




Glass Pyramid




Our next journey was to Place De La Concorde, the largest square in Paris.


Cleopatra's Needle




Fontaine des Mers




Actually, Concorde was too close to Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe. And on the way to Arc de Triomph, there were plenty of other interesting buildings.


The Grand Palais




Invalides




Sausage stall along Champs Elysees




And here comes the highlight of my day - Louis Vuitton Champs Elysees! After my Monogram Insolite wallet at Florence, Italy, I bought another 3 LVs here - Monogram Vernis Rosewood, Damier Ebony Speedy 30 & Damier Graphite Marco ^_^

Supposedly, to shop in LV would be a great honour & luxury. The sales assistant, a French lady, was really professional and helpful. But too bad, she made a huge mistake. She put all my bags in 3 separate LV gift boxes, and tied them up with the beautiful LV ribbons + gift cards. So I assumed that the bags were correct, without checking them, which I admitted this was partially my own fault. And when I reached hotel, opened those boxes, only then I found out that the Speedy she gave me was in wrong colour - Damier Azur, and wrong size - Speedy 30 (I was asking for 25 initially). But the problem was solved when I went back there after 2 days. I would continue this in the next blog, which is on Day 14. Actually I didnt worry much when I saw the wrong bag, as I know LV accepts exchange. Not to forget, I also met Bruce Willis. I didnt notice his existence until the sales assistant told me so. There was no long queue outside the boutique. But when u were inside, please have a little bit of patience before u were served. The headcount inside was something similar to Vincci Midvalley KL during sales period.


Hometown of Louis Vuitton







So, happily, I was holding all my darling LVs, without knowing that one of them was wrong... ops! And moved my ass to Arc de Triomphe. I went across the road, and stood in the middle, just for the sake of taking this pic. Dont worry, plenty of crazy tourists were doing the same stunt. Late at night, we came back again for the romantic night view.


Arc de Triomphe




Next was the Eiffel Tower, where everybody claims that it's a romantic place. I was really excited when I saw this symbolic tower of Paris. This would be perfect if HY was with me :(
I had my dinner there, the Panini, something like a long French loaf with meat & cheese, freshly baked from oven.


Eiffel Tower




After the Eiffel Tower, we went to the most advance and modern area of Paris - La Defense. This was a busy business district to the West of Paris. It was definitely a good place to shop. You would expect to see many people here, as it was the main stations for Metro & RER with many interchange. Since it was near Christmas, so the Parisians opened up a lovely Christmas Market there. I bought a ginger bread and a sandwich with tomato & cheese for the breakfast next morning. The hot chocolate tasted so nice too, very rich and creamy. What more, I was drinking this during such a cold weather.


La Defense, & Christmas Market




The Grande Arche - The sides of the cube are offices




Finally, we went back to Champs Elysees for the night view. Needless to say, it was freezing cold.


Arc de Triomphe




Champs Elysees at night, how nice! Again, I was in the middle of the road

No comments:

Post a Comment