Friday, May 8, 2009

Europe Trip - Day 3 *Florence*

Day 3, 19 Nov 2008

When talking about Italy, the first few famous places which came across my mind would be Rome, Milan, Venice and Pisa. In this trip, I discovered another interesting and lovely town - Florence, where Italian called her as Firenze. It took less than 2 hours to reach Florence from Pisa. I didnt know what to be expected, as Florence sounds too unfamiliar to me.

Before we reached Florence, JL told us that many tourists had unpleasant experiences there with pick pocket, especially at the Piazzale. So I had to be extra alert for not being an unidentified citizen if my passport got stolen. Firstly, we were taken to Piazzale Michelangelo, which was located on a hill, for the natural viewing of the entire Florence city. This is so fantastic!! All the buildings appeared to be in brownish colour, what a pictureque scene. The fresh air really invigorated my mind in this lovely morning.



Then, we were introduced to a local tour guide for the city tour. Before proceeding to the tourist spots, we had to do some walking. Same rule, no coach nearby the tourist spots. On our way, something absurd happened. We were looking for toilet, as we need to spend a long time visiting the interesting places. The toilet is available, of course, with exceptional price. First of all, we were brought to a coin vending machine at the entrance to change our banknote to coin. Then, inserted the godamn EUR2 into the slot, and the door would open automatically for u. Yap, this peeing session costs RM10. Not finishing yet, when u were inside, the janitor wearing coat suit would direct u to the toilet which was available. And after u've done, she would show u the exit. What a "fabulous" service!!!

After the heart-pain toilet tour, we visited the Santa Maria Cathedral, Giotto's Belltower, and the Gates of Paradise.


Santa Maria Cathedral




Giotto's Belltower




Gates of Paradise





Famous Dome



The trip was continued with a significant view of a famous Ponte Vecchio Bridge, which was within a short-walking distance from Gates of Paradise.



After this, we were given about 2 hours for own exploration at Signoria Square. There were too many branded shops, so how could I miss Louis Vuitton? Actually, I was planning to get the Insolite wallet in Paris, but it was out of stock, as I've consulted the sales assistant via email before I departed to Eur. So, when I stepped my feet into LV Firenze, I asked the Sales Assistant if this wallet was available, without high hope. After checking in the pc, he told me, YES Maam!! There's sunshine after the rain!! Then, he showed me the display unit. After seeing this wallet in real, it was exactly love at first sight, and I grabbed it :) Happily, I walked out with my Insolite wallet.

Louis Vuitton Firenze




After this, I went back to the Signoria Square for photo shooting. Lots of famous giant statues could be found there, such as Hercules and Neptune.






After we've done, it was about 2pm, which was lunch time. Today, we had tomato macaroni as appetizer and cheesy chicken steak with spinach as main course. Another credit for the lunch is the red wine.





It was time for some exercises after filling up our tummy. And yes, a 20-minute walk to our coach. This walking session wasnt too bad, as I could see many interesting architectures along. Below is an unknown church on my way to the coach.



Finally, we departed to Venice and overnight there. This journey was about 3 hours. The hotel we were staying was Novotel. When we reached Venice, we stopped at a shopping complex for a fast shopping. I bought some nice food from the supermarket. Didnt get any leather goods as it didnt really fancy me. By the way, the weather was getting colder in Venice. So after the usual chinese dinner, we checked in to the hotel and that was the end of my 3rd day trip.

Florence
would be perfect without pick pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment