Sunday, December 26, 2010

China - Day10 *Shanghai Concert Hall*

28 November 2010


I was sleeping for one whole day in the hotel, as my sickness was really getting bad. At about 5pm, I finally woke up, and went for dinner with HY.



Japanese Dinner











After the dinner, we walked to The Bund again for the night view. I was dizzy, but insisted going as I would really regret if I missed the night view of Shanghai.


The Bund





Then, it comes the highlight of my day - The Concert of Labèque Sisters at Shanghai Concert Hall, accompanied by Shanghai Symphony Orchestra. Katia & Marielle Labèque were born on the southwest coast of France near the Spanish border. The two sisters are a sharply contrasted, yet highly communicative piano team. Their repertoire includes a broad range of material, from Bach on period instruments to the 21st century contemporary composers.


Antoni Wit, the conductor, was born in Krakow in 1944, who is one of the most highly regarded Polish conductors, a champion of Polish music. Since January 2002 he held the position as the Director General and Artistic Director of the National Philharmonic in Warsaw.


The programme of tonight was:

L. v. Beethoven: Leonore Overture No.3, Op.72
W. A. Mozart: Piano Concerto No.10 in E flat major for Two Pianos, K.365
J. Brahms: Symphony No.4 in E minor, Op.98




I really had a great night!





Shanghai Concert Hall at Da Shi Jie








Beethoven





Mozart





Concert Hall, our seats were very close to the stage




No comments:

Post a Comment