Friday, January 22, 2010

HK - Day 3 *Chanel Day*

Day 3, 04 Dec 09


On the previous night, the hotel concierge asked if we needed a morning call, as we would have to depart around 6am to the jetty. Of course no, as I was really excited and I couldnt wait for this precious moment to step my feet on the land of HK! This wasn't the first time going to HK, but I had an ultimate mission for this trip: to bring back my Chanel :) Woo hoo.....

Today was really a cold one in Macau. Departing early in the freezing morning, made me very sleepy and I couldn't stop shivering at the indoor jetty. After getting our tickets at the Turbojet counter, it was only about 7am. Since many seats were available, so we onboard the 7.30am vessel instead of 8am. I had serious phobia travelling on ship. Not that I had seasick, but I was extremely afraid of water, very insecure. Once I was in the vessel, I quickly filled up the arrival card, and after that, closed my eyes tightly until we reached HK. Luckily I could fall asleep, and in fact, I was sleeping unconsciously.

At the ferry terminal, we took a cab to the hotel. After checking in at Minden Hotel, situated at Tsim Sha Tsui, we proceeded to Avenue of Star. This trip to HK, I was the tour leader, as I was quite familiar with it.


Hong Kong Museum of Art




Avenue of Star - Windy & Hazy




Next, we spent an hour in Sogo, but came out empty handed...... So, we decided to walk back to Tsim Sha Tsui and shop there. After Esprit, we went for lunch as we were starving!


Shi Chuan Vege with Rice + Super Nice Teh Si





Fish Steak with Rice + Yin Yong




After feeding ourselves, we walked to Canton Road, to fulfill my mission ^_^ Of course, I walked out happily with my Classic Caviar Jumbo Flap! Follow this link for my Chanel shopping experience: Chanel Shopping


Chanel at Canton Road




We did our shopping at DFS, Harbour City and some shops at Canton Road. Not too bad, we all bought something for ourselves.


Gucci was very packed as sales was going on





Louis Vuitton, lots of fans inside too, but not for me this time




In the evening, we went to Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station to buy the Octopus Card. As I was hungry again, so I bought few buns and cakes at Maxim Bakery. Kind of fun as I paid by using Octopus. We went straight up to Mongkok by using MTR. It was really a crowded place, and the things selling there were more economical. We swept quite a lot from Esprit. I bought a pair of boots at Ladies' Market, though the quality was not so good. Again, we tried out the local bites, such as packet cold noodle and smelly tao fu. Not really smelly, and I quite like the smell. The dinner tonight was at a restaurant at Mongkok.



Rice Noodle with Sausages + Ice Lemon Tea




And we were done for the day. It was about 10pm when we reached the hotel. After bathing, we were still busy modeling ourselves with all the items we bought! Women, endangered species....


Jumbo on the hotel bed





In my study room

No comments:

Post a Comment