Thursday, April 14, 2011

My First Hermès, I got Her!

I just couldn't believe that she's mine now, my first Hermès. Here goes the story...


HY was on a short business trip to SG. I was so eager and asked him to check out the Hermès for me, as there are a few boutiques in SG. First night, he went to Takashimaya but it wasn't a fruitful hunt. The poor SA, who was seriously lacking of bag knowledge, didn't even know what type of bag he was asking for, even HY showed her the pic. Seriously she should be fired. After that, she wanted to clarify with her manager about it but HY was kind of annoyed, so he just said thank you and walked out of the boutique.


Second night, since he was staying at Marina Bay Sands, so he checked on it there. The SA told him the bag was out of stock, as usual. But he did took down HY's contact, and promised to call him when the stock has arrived, which I don't know how reliable can it be. With a dying heart, my mood was getting real bad.


Third day morning, HY was at Changi Airport, on his way back home. So he stepped into Hermès Changi. He showed the pic to the SA, and she replied, "Oh.. we don't have this colour." HY was puzzled... "You don't have this colour? So you mean other colours are available?" And she smiled and pointed to the top part of the shelf... "Yah we have 2 in stock now, pink and black, just arrived yesterday!"


Ops... and the rest was not important anymore. HY quickly called me, and asked about the colour I want. However, the bag was of bigger size (40cm), and I actually wanted a smaller size initially (32cm). Well the size isn't an important issue, and I decided on black colour, since I just got a Miu Miu Coffer in Pink. Furthermore, bigger size can cover my needs for working & travelling.


After a moment, HY called me again, and asked me if I want the Orange Box as well. Oh my God, he got to be kidding me. How meaningless to get the first Hermès without the classic Orange Box, where every girl is dreaming about. I was screaming over the phone, so poor HY dragged the bag + orange huge box all the way back *wink wink* :) The kind SA even gave him an extra orange paper bag, and brown ribbon, just in case the original one was torn on the way home. So who is sweeter? HY, SA or Hermès?


While he was making the payment, another customer was looking at the pink colour which I didn't choose. And I bet, it was sold out immediately after that.


Please follow this link for the reveal :)




Orange Orange





Sneak Preview

2 comments:

  1. Hahahah how sweet of SA. congratulations! May I ask you after since you got the bag, did you have a problem with leather? I heard it's very delicate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed, the upper leather is quite delicate. This bag is big and spacious, but a little heavy and big as the size is MM.

    ReplyDelete