Friday, July 16, 2010

Japan - Day4 *Kyoto*

15 June 2010


Kyoto - the home of Geisha. Not only this, Kyoto is famous for shrines, and her unique history as the emperor's residence from 794 to 1868. She also gives people a feeling of romance. However, it's another rainy day :( I didn't spot any Geisha on street....


First stop, the Heian Shrine, which was built in year 1895 in conjunction with the 1100th Anniversary of Heian Capital Foundation. She has a great look of the imperial palace. However, this is not Sakura season. So all my pics turn out to be green leaves (the sakura leaves) instead!


Sakura Leaves







Outside Heian Shrine




Entrance of Heian Shrine




Check on your luck for the whole year




Please wash your hands before praying




Heian Shrine



















You may say a prayer







Bad luck, stay away!




Sakura Tree planted by the Emperor of Japan





After this, moving on to Kiyomizudera Temple, founded in 780. It is also known as the "Pure Water Temple", due to its unique location at Otowa Waterfall. This temple is built without using a single nail, which is really an impressive piece of art.



Kiyomizudera Temple

















Otowa Waterfall, where Japanese believes that the water can bring u health & wealth




Three different streams of water, for longevity, love life & good academic. To drink the water, u have to use a long aluminium pole where cup is attached onto it. Don't worry, it is sterilised instantly by using UV Ray.




Love Stone






Togenzaka - Souvenir Street










I love the mochi in this shop!





Sanenzaka - Another souvenir street




In the evening, we moved on to Osaka. We spent the whole night shopping at Shinzaibashi, a shopping paradise which is pretty similar to Orchard Road in Singapore, or Nathan Road in Hong Kong. We had our dinner at a very famous Ramen Restaurant (四天王), whereby we had to place our order via the vending machine, and then queue up for the seat.


Rainy Shinzaibashi, grumbling tummy, delicious ramen!




P/s: I got few more shots on the yummy ramen, but they were stuck in my HTC. I will upload them after the issue is resolved!


The rain was getting heavier after the dinner. I didnt bring along my umbrella, as the shopping street was located behind our hotel. But we got a problem after the dinner, as this ramen store was about 10 minutes walk from the hotel, and we couldn't get back without umbrella.... So, to kill my time, I spent another round of shopping in the local food store, while HY left me alone there, as he was so busy looking for an umbrella. At last, he bought a transparent umbrella at 300 yen, which I totally had no idea where he got it from...... After buying the BBQ Octopus (章鱼烧) as supper, we both walked back to the hotel, at such a cold and windy night, under the transparent umbrella :) And of course, I brought it home with me. How could I abandon it in Osaka?

No comments:

Post a Comment