Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bottega Veneta.... I got Her!

I was dying to get a Bottega Veneta, and was seriously in love with the Intrecciato Nappa Series. Firstly, I intended to get the classic style, either black or brown medium Veneta in mind. However, when I came across the Nuvolato Veneta in Spring Summer 2010 Collection, I totally lost my soul. As it is SS Collection, once it is sold out, there will be no more production. What more, it's already May by now. Most of the luxury brands are already in the midst of preparing for Fall Winter Collection.

I have 2 choices actually, to wait until I visit Singapore this month end, or Japan in mid-June. But I can foresee that, it is quite unlikely to get her anymore, as she is really a piece of hot cake. Just when I'm about to give up, I read from the Purse Forum that, a high-reputation website in US, BlueFly, has Bottega Veneta as one of their brand new designer products. And, I couldn't believe my eyes that they actually have the Nuvolato in stock, one and only one. After searching for a trustworthy freight-forwarding company, I finally placed my order on this bag.

So, this bag of mine, fly all the way to me in these routes, a tiring & exhausting 7-day trip:

Route No.1 to Freight-forwarding company:
Sharonville - Louisville - Orlando - Sarasota (Florida)

Route No.2 to me:
Florida - Ohio - Hong Kong - Singapore - Malaysia




***Bottega Veneta Medium Paille Intreccio Nuvolato
Spring Summer 2010 Collection
***


Simple explanation about her:

The entire body is made with tubular leather instead of flat "strips" like the tie dye. The new weave is very special & completely different to others in the collection. In this case, the weave works horizontally, adding a new fettuccia for each passage. This technique is like crochet chaining each stitch to the other. As the work evolves, it is knotted regularly to highlight the intreccio and create vertical lines. This job requires skilled craftsmen as it is highly complex.


Freshly released from the DHL box. Nice BlueFly paperbag & wrapping





Plentiful of Actions in my Study Room




The BlueFly Authenticity Tag is still hanging on her




In action





Chanel Jumbo and Nuvolato Veneta - Good buddies :)





No comments:

Post a Comment