Sunday, October 24, 2010

What a Disastrous Faye Wong Ticket

As I've mentioned in the previous post about Faye Wong 2010 Shanghai Concert, I was so determined to witness this extravaganza. After HY agreed to accompany me for this mission, I started to do all sorts of planning about the trip. Of course, the priority of all is to get the ticket, since it is selling even hotter than a hot cake.

Now the problem arises. I reserved two RMB2000 tickets through the official ticket selling website. At that time, the ticket is still under reservation, and not open for sale yet. The problem is, we need to make the full payment in order to secure the seat. Alright, money isn't an issue, but to MAKE THE PAYMENT is really driving me insane. First, I went to my local bank to do the Telegraphic Transfer (TT). The bank officer needed the recipient's ENGLISH NAME and IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, which I didn't have it with me. So, I called all the way to Shanghai and asked the customer service officer about the information. But hell, she refused to give it to me, which I don't understand why. And finally, she told me, they only accept the payment if u were in CHINA. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

After the unsuccessful trial, it really leads me no way out, except to look for someone who is in SHANGHAI in order to buy the ticket for me. HY was trying so hard, and finally, we found someone. So, the ticket was paid, and sent to that fella's home in Shanghai. And after that, the organiser announced that there was another piece of 3D authentication card, which will be ready a month before the concert. We could only enter the venue with both the ticket and 3D card. Now what????? So he couldn't courier the ticket to us, until he receives the so-called 3D card, dumb ass ever! After a week, the organiser suddenly made another new announcement. We don't need the 3D card for authentication anymore, and we could just claim it at the concert venue to be kept as remembrance souvenir . How I wish to slaughter them!!!!!

Then, his sister helped to bring the ticket to Australia, and HY got it from her last week. Well well, this isn't the end of the story yet, and here comes the ultimate high-peak disastrous part: THE TICKET WAS PURCHASED ON THE WRONG DATE. Instead of 27 Nov, he bought it on 20 Nov. I was speechless, and tearless.





We will only arrive in Shanghai on the 24 Nov. Since the tickets are non-refundable or exchangable, the only way I could solve this problem is to go there earlier. So I've really wasted so much unnecessary money for air ticket change, new hotel booking etc. And now, we have to stay for another 5 days in Shanghai.

One more thing I was extremely pissed off with the China organiser. We paid so much for the concert ticket, and yet we couldn't pick the seat we want. They claimed that the seat allocation was based on first come first served basis, which means that the earlier u made the payment, the better or front seat you will get. Unlike Taiwan organiser, they upload the seating plan with number, and we could pick the seat we want. I really got entirely screwed up with China. They better promise me a good show.

2 comments:

  1. We are from New York City, and are attending the November 28 Shanghai concert. We also struggled to purchase our Faye Wong tickets through their official website using Tickets365.com.cn. We also pre-reserved our choices, 2 RMB 2500 tickets for November 20, 2010. But when they finally went on sale, and they received our money transfer, it took two days. So we ended up getting 2 tickets for the later date of November 28, 2010, and in the RMB 1500 seating area.
    I believe it was the two day wait that messed us up. After they finally went on sale, it took one day of calling to arrange to speak with someone at Tickets365 who spoke English (I do not speak Mandarin & my spouse speaks Cantonese), and another day for them to receive the transfer of funds and actually buy the tickets. We assumed that the changes in our dates and price choice were a result of their selling out preferred tickets.
    Despite the hassle, delays, and not getting our preferred tickets, we were able to purchase our tickets directly through Tickets365, have them ensured and delivered to our NY address by DHL without a problem.
    Good job getting the tickets though. There are many who were unable to do so.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed, it was an exhausting task for getting the tickets. And I'm so glad that u got yours too. In my humble opinion, they should have a better system if they want to organise such a big event. Nice to meet u here, and hope u enjoy ur stay in Shanghai :)

    ReplyDelete